Quick communication via Whatsapp
Exclusive equestrian brands
Visit our shop in Ansen
Stübben SteelTec Loose Ring sweet copper link.
Widths in cm: 11.5 / 12.5 / 13.5 / 14.5 cm
Ring-Ø: 55 mm - 2 3/4"
Thickness: 14 mm
Benefits of SWEET Copper Link:
• Better acceptance
• Pleasant sweet taste of the middle piece
• Encourages chewing and salivation
• Solid copper composition (90% Copper, 7% Iron Aluminum, no Nickel) with very high strength
• Horses feel good with SWEET Copper
Benefits of a double-broken Loose Ring Snaffle:
• No pressure on the palate
• Balanced weight distribution on tongue and jaw
• Horses can easily be ridden on the bit
• No nutcracker-effect
• More forgiving to mistakes caused by a rider's strong hand or pulling on the reins
Benefits of a Loose Ring Snaffle:
• The free sliding rings of the Loose Ring Snaffle enable the horse to adjust the position of the bit in his mouth. This tends to make the horse relax his jaw and chew the bit, thus encouraging the horse to accept the bit
• When picking up the reins the rings move so that the bit is automatically positioned correctly
• Young horses or inexperienced riders should always gain experience with a loose ring snaffle before trying out a D-Ring Bit or other bits
Stübben STEELtec quality:
• No rough edges that could hurt the horse's mouth
• Long durability due to selected materials
• A special processing technology ensures that bit holes and link pieces remain intact for longer
How to measure your bit
The current bit size is often used to order a new bit. We will explain how to measure this below.
- Measure the bit between the rings.
- Bits from the brands that we sell have exactly the size that you measure between the bit rings. Do you have a bit from another brand? Measure this between the rings and if this is for example 12.5, you also order the new bit in that size.
Note that bits with longer shanks such as hackamore combi bits need more space so that they do not damage your horse.