Quick communication via Whatsapp
Exclusive equestrian brands
Visit our shop in Ansen
Stübben SteelTec Baby Pelham Easy Control. Benefits of an EZ-Control Pelham Bit:
• More effective impact – rigid effect only in direction of pull with flexibility of external bit parts
• More effective and mouth-friendly aids
• Enables easier communication between horse and rider
• Especially effective in horses that tend to pull
• EZ-Control Pelhams have proven their worth in jumping where it is often difficult to slow the horse down before the next jump.
• If the bit is too harsh, the horses get too cautious and fail to speed up. This will not happen with the EZ-Control Pelham.
• If required, the EZ-Control Pelham has a strong leverage effect on the horse.
• As soon as the horse accepts the rein aids, the bit has a soft and comfortable action on tongue and bars.
• The EZ-Control Pelham allows more direct aids with less pressure on the reins.
Benefits of the Pelham bit:
• Can be ridden with one or two reins.
• Pull and leverage effect can be applied as required
Special Benefits of the Cheeks:
• The special features of a Stübben STEELtec Pelham are its short shanks
• They enable a direct impact on the horse with short rein movement
• A direct impact is very helpful in jumping, particularly in fast turns between the jumps
• The flat hooks prevent the horse’s lips from being pinched.
Widths Pony Size in cm: 10.5 / 12 cm
Widths Pony Size in inch: 4 1/8” / 4 3/4”
Cheeks: 4 cm - 1 1/2"
Thickness 12 mm
Widths in cm: 12.5 / 13.5/ 14.5 cm
Widths in inch: 5” / 5 1/4” / 5 3/4"
Cheeks: 5 cm - 2"
Thickness: 14 mm
Stübben STEELtec quality:
• No rough edges that could hurt the horse's mouth
• Long durability due to selected materials
• A special processing technology ensures that bit holes and link pieces remain intact for longer
How to measure your bit
The current bit size is often used to order a new bit. We will explain how to measure this below.
- Measure the bit between the rings.
- Bits from the brands that we sell have exactly the size that you measure between the bit rings. Do you have a bit from another brand? Measure this between the rings and if this is for example 12.5, you also order the new bit in that size.
Note that bits with longer shanks such as hackamore combi bits need more space so that they do not damage your horse.